Pitruroon to release on across Maharashtra
• Directorial debut of Nitish Bharadwaj;
• Pitruroon - comeback of actress Tanuja to Marathi films;
• PITRUROON – a story of love, romance, unfulfilled desires & emotional upheavals ! a complete family entertainer.
Mumbai (November 19) - Pitruroon – a Marathi film which is not run-of-the-mill yet a commercial film, will be released on . The announcement was made at a glittering ceremony where veteran actress Tanuja launched the music of the film.Pitruroon is based on a novel by well-known writer Sudha Murthy and will mark thedirectorial debut of popular TV and film actor Nitish Bharadwaj. Incidently, Nitish’s last film as the lead hero was ‘Sangeet’ in 1992 opposite Madhuri Dixit.
Tanuja is making a comeback in Marathi Cinema after the gap of over 30 years in an important role, earlier she was featured in a famous film Zakol released in 1980.
- Speaking about the film & his direction, Bharadwaj said, “I was very influenced by Sudha Murthy’s novel. I wanted to translate to screen the struggle of a son to understand his father’s past and to fulfill his last desire. I am telling a story through moving pictures- not because the pictures move on screen but because they move audience’s emotions too”
- Bharadwaj on Tanuja – “here she performs a widow’s emotional yet cheeky role she probably has not done so far in her career !”
- Bharadwaj on Khedekar – “though many films have been made in India with actors in a double role, Pitruroon will prove to be different in a sense that he has subtly created a difference in Khedekar’s 2 roles.
- Bharadwaj on music of the film – “melodious, soul uplifting and a treat to the ears” !
Indian Magic Eye (I.M.E.) Motion Pictures, who have been behind many successful Marathi films and TV serials, are the producers of the film. Kaushal Inamdar has composed the music for the film and Shrirang Godbole has penned the lyrics. The occasion was graced by the presence of Nitish Bharadwaj, Sachin Khedekar, Kaushal Inamdar, Hrishikesh Deshpande (Director of I.M.E.) and Suhrud Godbole (supervising producer).
One of the songs ‘Daya Ghana’ which is scoring high on the radio channels across the state is sung by Gazal Maestro Roopkumar Rathod, it is followed by a soothing track ‘Man Moharle’ sung by Hrishikesh Ranade and Hamsika Iyer. The third song titled ‘Rave Gava’ has the vocals of Rahul Saxena.
Pitruroon tells the story of an archeology professor Vyankatesh Kulkarni who comes across his look-alike one day. Kulkarni is surprised at the striking similarities between him and the other man’s appearance and goes on to find the shocking connection between them. Is the Kulkarni family related in any way to the old mother of the look-alike? The mystery thickens and results in an emotional upheaval! He discovers an unpaid debt of his father. Portraying human relationships, Pitruroon goes on to capture the journey of its protagonist’s redemption.
With a strong storyline, Pitruroon is another step in Marathi films’ tradition of content-oriented cinema. I.M.E has been known for giving one of the best Marathi films right from Harishchandrachi Factory to the recent popular films such as Pune 52, Chintoo series, Champions and Tuhya Dharma Koncha and the tradition continues with Pitruroon.
The rest of the cast consists of Suhas Joshi, Mrunal Deshpande, Purvi Bhave, Ketaki Vilas, Omkar Kulkarni, Madhura Jugade, Rupesh Bene and Om Bhutkar.
DIRECTOR - Nitish Bharadwaj
SCREENPLAY-DIALOGUES – Nitish Bharadwaj, Pravin Tarde;
PRODUCERS - Abhay Gadgil and Shrirang Godbole of IME Motion Pictures;
CINEMATOGRAPHER - Swades fame Mahesh Ane;
COSTUMES & MAKE-UP- Geeta Godbole;
CHOREOGRAPHER - Phulwa Khamkar and Mahesh Dawande;
ART - Mahesh Kudalkar and Shyam Bhutkar;
EDITOR - Abhijeet Deshpande and
SOUND - Manoj Mochemadkar.