Miss World 2011, Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares, visited the breast cancer patients at Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel on 28th March 2012.

Miss World 2011, Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares, visited the breast cancer patients at Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel on 28th March 2012.

Ivian came to india to support the woman’s cancer initiative. She said she’s happy to be a part of the cause and felt good meeting and promoting the cause. The Foundation pays for the treatment of 250 – 300 women annually, diagnosed with Breast, Cervical & Ovarian Cancers and who are unable to afford the costs of their treatment at the Tata Memorial Hospital but have a great chance of recovery.

Details of Pictures Pic 1: Dr. R.A Badwe, Director, Tata Memorial Centre, Miss World Ivian, Devika Bhojwani, Vice President, Womens Cancer Initiative Pic 2: Devika Bhojwani and Ivian Sarcos Pic 3: Ivian Sarcos and Breast cancer Patients
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- About Miss World...... A woman who spent five years living in a nunnery and once dreamed of becoming a nun has been crowned Miss World 2011. Miss Venezuela, IvianLunasolSarcosColmenares, beat contestants from 113 countries to the coveted title after impressing the judges in the categories of beach beauty, top model, talent, sports, and beauty with a purpose - where the contestants must demonstrate involvement in a charity project.
MsSarcosColmenares, 21, one of 13 siblings, was orphaned at eight and spent five years studying at a nunnery. She dreamed of becoming a nun but her life took a different direction, as she gained a degree in human resources and worked for a broadcasting companybefore becoming a beauty queen. She was the favourite for the Miss World title going into the final at Earls Court, London, yesterday evening but reacted with delight and disbelief when she was announced as the winner of the famous beauty pageant. Now she said she wants to use her title to help other people.
She said: "Winning means everything to me and I hope to take advantage of being a winner in a productive manner. I’m unbelievably happy to have won and there are some incredible girls. I first and foremost want to help people in need. I would like to help people like me. I am an orphan. I would also like to help the elderly and troubled teenagers. As many people as I can."
'Unfortunately I lost both my parents at a very young age which led me to study for five years in a nunnery. I spent my five years in there and my dream was to become a nun.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La La Land Festival, Goa : A unique multi-disciplinary festival that cares about the Arts and the Environment

JioMAMI2023 Closing ceremony and Announcement of Winners of various awards

Aankh Micholi #PicksAndPiques #JohnsonThomas