The Biggest Celebration of Design and Creativity in Mumbai
Mumbai, 20th April, 2015: Indian School of Design Innovation, ISDI Parsons Mumbai launched in the year 2013 in collaboration with Parsons the New School for Design, New York, is already one of the leading institutions for design education in India. We take pleasure in introducing the inaugural season of ISDI Mumbai Design Festival 2015 on 25th April, Saturday, 9am to 4pm at the ISDI Mumbai campus located at One IndiaBulls Center, in the Lower Parel Innovation District (LPID).
The Festival will be a series of talks, panel discussions, seminars, workshops, plays and performances drawing in the country's creative thinkers, practitioners, retailers and educators to a deliver an unmissable celebration of design. We will have multiple Talks and Presentations, Panel Discussions, Workshops in disciplines of fashion design, communication / graphic design, Interior design and architecture, product design, social design, sound design, VFX, film making, photography, books reviews, theatre workshops, calligraphy, sustainability accompanied by work-showcases, performances and much more. Some of the confirmed speakers include-
1. Sudarshan Dheer- Grand Master of corporate communications in India,
2. Bandana Tiwari- Fashion Features Director of Vogue India,
3. Anusha Yadav- Communication Designer, Founder – The Indian Memory Project,
4. Dolly Thakore- Communications and PR, Actor
5. Arzan Khambatta- Architect and Sculptor,
6. Shanoo Bhatia- Communication Designer, Founder - Eureka Moment,
7. Poonam Soni – Leading Jewellery Designer.
8. Krishna Mehta – Leading fashion Designer
9. Wanda Rau - Head of Fashion and Home at Disney Consumer Products, India.
10. Ameen Haque- Actor & Storyteller, Founder - StoryWallahs,
11. Archana Walavalkar- Co-founder/ Creative director - Style Cracker
12. Shereen & Kayaan – Fashion Bloggers – Love and the other bugs
13. Vishal Anand- VFX Supervisor and technical director at TATA Elxsi,
14. Rajesh Dahiya- Graphic and Interaction Designer, Founding Director - Codesign,
15. Ayaz Basrai- Industrial Designer & Architect – Founder - The Busride,
16. Prasanna Sankhe- Founder & Partner - Hyphen,
17. Darshan Bhagat – Actor & Film Maker
18. Max Milano, Fashion designer,
19. Makers Asylum – A community space to make.
20. Dharavi Rocks – Educational Music and Dance performance
Radha Kapoor, Founder and Director of the India School of Design & Innovation, ISDI- “ISDI has always believed in empowering people and honing creative skills in students, designers, innovators, faculties, and creative community. The Mumbai Design Festival is a celebration of Indian design in all forms not restricting creativity, giving young minds a platform to interact with honchos from the industry.”
Dr. Indu Shahani, Principal of H.R. College, Chair - Academic Council, India School of Design & Innovation, “I am very happy that ISDI Parsons has organised its first Design Festival and invited leading speakers in the field. The students will benefit greatly as ISDI Parsons Mumbai endeavours to create employable and empowered Designers with a heart.”
Sudarshan Dheer, grand master of Corporate Communication in India for over 50 years, designed corporate identities for Titan, HP, Essar and many others, is a key note speaker and will talk about his life, work and his timeless creations in the field of communication design- "While celebrating ISDI Mumbai Design Festival in Mumbai, with its unique theme being Glocal, is certainly an opportunity for interaction among young designers from diverse disciplines"
Bandana Tewari, Fashion features Director of Vogue India will talk about ‘Disruptive thinking in Fashion’- “There is nothing that thrills me more than interacting with students and particulate in their enthusiasm for knowledge. And ISDI MDF is giving me a wonderful opportunity to do just that.”
Shanoo Bhatia, Chairperson - Assocham National Design Committee and Founder Director - Eureka Moments will be giving a talk on ‘There’s nothing like a Free Size’ stressing on the field of Corporate Communications- “ISDI Parsons Mumbai has transformed the culture of design education through its inclusive and participatory events, an invitation to all to be part of the big idea of a 'new way of learning' in an environment of openness and change. It is always wonderful to be associated with the school and to propagate their determined efforts to challenge conventional formats and open new channels of dialogue and a great platform to listen, learn and share.”
Poonam Soni - Leading Jewellery Designer, a visionary who pioneered the concept of bespoke jewellery in India will conduct a seminar on Jewellery- Bold and unconventional- “ISDI Parsons Mumbai is bringing a great vision in various fields of education especially in fashion and luxury to which our jewellery brand is closely connected with. I am excited and happy to be a part of this fabulous interactive festival which will create great value!! It contributes to positive growth of the industry.”
Theme for our festival’s inaugural year is Being Glocal: How do you maintain a strong design culture, consistent delivery quality and sound business practice as you expand globally. The invitees include aspiring designers, established design professionals, businesses, brands, agencies and government officials and will also attract Artists, designers, architects, photographers, film makers, technologists, scholars, strategists, design-thinkers, business professionals and students. Sessions will be on simultaneously throughout the day with over 2000 attendees.
The event is open to all and is free to attend, but with registration.