Actress Sapna Singh says she's a victim of casting couch, alleges molestation by producer

Actress Sapna Singh says she's a victim of casting couch, alleges molestation by producer

Displaying model and actress Sapna Singh - Newz66 Images (1).JPG

Mumbai-based model and actress Sapna Singh today alleged that she was molested by a producer  at Versova near Andheri whom she had met at an audition about two weeks ago. Speaking to  Newz66.com, she said the producer tried to pull her towards him and touched her bust, but she slapped him and fled.
 Displaying model and actress Sapna Singh - Newz66 Images (6).jpg
Speaking to Newz66.com Sapna said, "I was called for an audition which I attended, but the audition was a farce. After speaking to me for a few minutes the producer asked me point blank if I was willing to compromise.  He said he would give me a big break and launch me in a big way. He tried his level best to convince me, by dropping names and talking about certain known directors who had started their careers with him as Ads (assistant directors) or assistants. He also mentioned the names of some known models and upcoming actresses who he asserted had slept with him and he in turn had financed them or their music videos. I told him bluntly that I do not compromise, and if that was all he wanted to ask me, he could have asked me on phone itself and I would have replied with a capital NO."
 Displaying model and actress Sapna Singh - Newz66 Images (2).jpg
Revealing her ordeal to Newz66.com, Sapna recounts the traumatic incident, "It was then that he got up and touched me inappropriately. I too immediately got up and made for the door, but he held my hand and tried to pull me towards him and tried to touch me on my bust. I turned around and slapped him hard which stunned him for a few seconds giving me time to flee.
 Displaying model and actress Sapna Singh - Newz66 Images (4).jpg
My friends have insisted that I file a police complaint. At this stage I do not want to file a police complaint because I am shooting for a Tamil film and I am not in Mumbai for the next 20 days. Also a lot of paperwork, court appearances and other legal formalities are involved and it will cause me great mental stress, but I have spoken to my family and they will take a call on this in a day or two.  I am trying to forget the incident and have made up my mind never to meet any producer or director alone. The incident happened in the first week of January," she reveals adding that the producer in question has financed two murder-mystery movies in the past which were released under the banner of a known director/producer. 
 Displaying model and actress Sapna Singh - Newz66 Images (3).jpg
Sapna Singh has been acting and modelling for the last three years. She has  featured in serials like Mahadev Putra Bal Ganesh on Life Ok and episodic roles in various other Indian television serials like CID and is signed on for a suspense thriller movie going on floors soon. She has also featured in 3 south films - both Tamil and Telugu and has done  several magazine cover shoots and music videos both in Hind and regional languages.
 Displaying model and actress Sapna Singh - Newz66 Images (5).jpg
Sapna has also featured in episodic roles in CID, Haunted Nights, Crime Patrol, Savdhan India, Police Diary, Tarak Mehta ka Ulta Chasma, Zee Horror Show, Naagin and regional projects like Jai Jagni Ma Durga, Jai Bajrang Bali and many others over the last two years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La La Land Festival, Goa : A unique multi-disciplinary festival that cares about the Arts and the Environment

JioMAMI2023 Closing ceremony and Announcement of Winners of various awards

Aankh Micholi #PicksAndPiques #JohnsonThomas