Fans got Sherlock-ed at Day 2 of Mumbai Film and Comic Con
Fans got Sherlock-ed at Day 2 of Mumbai Film and Comic Con
- Mark Gatiss, Actor, Co-Creator and Executive Producer, Sherlock (BBC) was a part of a Special Panel and took a Special Fan Session on Sherlock Mumbai Film and Comic Con 2014
- With just around a year left for Star Wars: Episode VII (Releasing in December 2015); One of the major highlight of the event is Star Wars Experiential Zone. It is the one of its kind experience zone created to enthrall the fan boys. The Star Wars zone is designed to resemble the bridge of a star destroyer with snazzy and futuristic display, equipped with Star Wars weapons, character figurines and inspired art. Padawans can feel the Force with the iconic lightsabers and on first day of convention, fans seemed really happy and excited getting themselves clicked as the experience was like never before!
- Special Sessions with international guests Nicolas Wild & Dan Goldman took place at MFCC
Other Highlights -
- Kids and adults dressed as their favourite comic, superhero and gaming characters.
- Workshops with creators, artists and writers of popular comics and graphic novels.
- Around 8 New Exclusive Book Launches!
- Over 125 Participants have brought local, national and international content
Mumbai, December 20’ 2014 – The day 2 of The Mumbai Film and Comic Con organized by Comic Con India saw a massive turnout of comics enthusiasts . The 3 day fest which started on Dec 19 will be going on till tomorrow (Dec 21) at Bombay Exhibition Centre. Spread across 50000 Sq foot of area, CCI is plans to host interactive and experiential 50 Hours of Programming through panels, launches, gaming, video hangouts and more.
Some of the best International Authors and Artists have come especially for this 3 day convention.Nick Spencer, a New York Times-bestselling comics writer, best known for his creator-owned hits Morning Glories, Bedlam, and The Infinite Vacation, as well as his work at Marvel and DC Comics on Superior Foes Of Spider-man, Avengers World, Secret Avengers, Cloak & Dagger, Thunder Agents, and Jimmy Olsen; Nicolas Wild, a wandering French writer and illustrator, He is the author of the critically acclaimed titles, Kabul Disco, Kabul Disco: How I Wasn't Kidnapped in Afghanistan, Kabul Disco: How I Did Not Become an Opium Addict in Afghanistan ; Dan Goldman, A writer for graphic novels and video games, draws comics and editorial illustrations, and crafts transmedia experiences for such companies as AMC Television, Wired, Random House, IDW Publishing, Time Magazine, etc; can be seen attending and taking special sessions at Mumbai Film and Comic Con.
For the first time ever Comic Con India have brought in an International Actor as a Special Guest. Mark Gatiss, Actor, Co-Creator and Executive Producer, Sherlock (BBC) is attending Mumbai Film and Comic Con 2014. Mark was a part of a Special Panel and took a Special Fan Session on Sherlock. He did Signings (Autograph Sessions) for his fans at the convention.
Fans who come dressed as their favorite comics characters always steal the show. And this year as always, COSPLAYERS will win tons of prizes under these 5 categories created to increase one’s chances of winning gifts. Each day, one winner was chosen from each of five categories: 1. Comic book/graphic novel
2. Animated Series/Movie 3. Manga/Anime 4. Sci-Fi/Fantasy 5. Gaming.
All 3 days, One lucky winner out of the chosen 5 can win A Trip to Oz Comic Con, Sydney in 2015!!
With just around a year left for Star Wars: Episode VII (Releasing in December 2015); One of the major highlight of the event is Star Wars Experiential Zone. It is the one of its kind experience zone created to enthrall the fan boys. The Star Wars zone is designed to resemble the bridge of a star destroyer with snazzy and futuristic display, equipped with Star Wars weapons, character figurines and inspired art. Padawans can feel the Force with the iconic lightsabers and on first day of convention, fans seemed really happy and excited getting themselves clicked as the experience was like never before! At this stall, Marvel’s Super Heroes are also making appearances as The Hulk, Ironman, Thor and Captain America Figurines are placed at the venue for special photo-opps.
2nd day of Mumbai Film and Comic Con 2014 saw around 8 exclusive book launches. Angry Maushi 3 by Abhijeet Kini, Parshu Warriors by Orange Radius, Kaamotsav by Saumin Patel, 3 new chapters of Beast Legions, The Caravan- Blood War Issue 2 and Taranath Tantrik were launched at the event.
Merchandise is a great hit too. Awesome Anime & Manga Merch from Japanese Merchandiser IINE Toys, along with the best and most exclusive International merchandise can be seen brought in from across the globe. Also, there are exclusive Indian merchandisers including Wacom, Chimp, Item Number, Sony DADC, Graphic Curry, F-Gali, Planet Superheroes, Lazy Ninja, Fukwas, Urban Viking, Something Sketchy, Bewakoof.com and lots more!
On day 2 of the convention, HopMotion launched HopMotion.TV, A web portal that will feature various web shows created by HopMotion Animation. Audiences got to see the first installment of the brand new web show titled ‘Kung Fu Singh’. For movie fans, Inderjit Films previewed their upcoming film “Yahaan Sabki Lagti Hai” at the convention.
The main participants of Mumbai Film and Comic Con 2014 are Disney India, Amar Chitra Katha, Orange Radius, Pop Culture Publishing, Holy Cow Entertainment, Crimzon Studios, Simon and Schuster India, HarperCollins Publishers, Aayumi Productions, Shamik Dasgupta, Jazyl Homavazir, Pepper Script, Raj Comics and more!
Comic Con India is dedicated to creating unique events and giving the fans, exhibitors and partners a platform to celebrate their undying love and passion for comics & pop culture. Comic Con India is dedicated to expanding India's popular culture by creating high profile events that cater to fans of not only comics, but also, gaming, movies, television, merchandise, toys & more.