MUMBAI FILM AND COMIC CON 2014
MUMBAI FILM AND COMIC CON 2014
MFCC at Bombay Exhibition Centre promises to be one of the biggest pop culture shows of the year with over 125 participants, international guests, and exclusive programming content that includes, sessions, launches, screenings and much more. Leading publishers of the country, along with some exciting names as international participants, make for a fantastic treasure of titles to explore.
Featuring content from leading international pop culture brands in gaming, TV shows and movies, Mumbai Film and Comic Con is all set to blow your minds.
Date: - ’ 2014 ( , & )
Venue: Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon East, Mumbai.
Pass - INR 150 Online (INR 200 On-Site)
Pass - INR 250 Online (INR 300 On-Site)
Pass - INR 250 Online (INR 300 On-Site)
Super Fan V.I.P Pass: INR 500/- Allows entry for all three days!
(ONLY SOLD ONLINE)
(Super Fan VIP Ticket gives access on all 3 days and
Special Discounts at various booths at the event. Limited Number Available)
Tickets available online via Book My Show as well as at the Venue. No booking charges on the tickets.
Spread across 50000 Sq foot of area, featuring the entire Indian comic book industry and over 125 exhibitors.
# International Television & Film Actor
For the first time ever Comic Con India is bringing in an international TV personality as a special guest.
Mark Gatiss (Actor, Co-Creator & Executive Producer, Sherlock) will be attending Mumbai Film and Comic Con 2014 (*NEW)
- Special Panel, hosted by Mayank Shekhar
- Special Fan Session on Sherlock
- Screening of Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special - An Adventure In Space & Time
- Signings (Autograph Sessions) with Mark Gatiss for a limited number of people each day.
Mark Gatiss has a long and varied career as a writer and producer behind the camera, as well
as being a critically acclaimed actor and published author. Mark's great early success on television was as part of the comedy troupe The League of Gentlemen, where he both wrote and appeared onscreen.
Like Steven Moffat, Gatiss is one of the few writers to have written for all four Doctors in the
modern television revival of Doctor Who (Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant, Matt Smith
and Peter Capaldi). Mark is also the writer and executive producer of An Adventure in Space
and Time, a 90 minute dramatisation of the genesis of the series as part of Doctor Who’s 50th
Anniversary celebrations in 2013.
Gatiss is also the co-creator and executive producer of Sherlock, the hit BBC series starring
Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. In the series he also plays Sherlock’s brother
Mycroft Holmes. Sherlock has seen unprecedented success across the globe, with Series 3 in
the UK billed as the most watched drama on British television in a decade. It also won seven
Emmys in 2014.
(*NEW) # SUPER EXCLUSIVE - Special live Chat (via satellite) On
A special live chat (via satellite) with the one and only Steven Moffat! Co-Creator Of Sherlock, Show Runner For Doctor Who, Co-Writer Of The Adventures of Tintin As Well As Many More Notable Projects!
# International Guests from across the World Taking special Sessions for the first time at the Mumbai Film and Comic Con
* Nick Spencer, a New York Times-bestselling comics writer, best known for his creator-owned hits Morning Glories, Bedlam, and The Infinite Vacation, as well as his work at Marvel and DC Comics on Superior Foes Of Spider-man, Avengers World, Secret Avengers, Cloak & Dagger, Thunder Agents, and Jimmy Olsen.
* Nicolas Wild, a wandering French writer and illustrator. He is the author of the critically acclaimed titles, Kabul Disco, Kabul Disco: How I Wasn't Kidnapped in Afghanistan, Kabul Disco: How I Did Not Become an Opium Addict in Afghanistan.
*Dan Goldman, a writer for graphic novels and video games, draws comics and editorial illustrations, and crafts transmedia experiences for such companies as AMC Television, Wired, Random House, IDW Publishing, Time Magazine, Hachette Books, Foreign Policy, Entertainment Weekly and New York Magazine. He has been profiled by The New York Times, Publisher’s Weekly, NPR, Sky News, BBC Radio, The Village Voice and Advertising Age.
# Cosplay (Costume Contest)
Cosplay (Costume Contest), one of the major attractions at Comic Con India, will continue to give assured prizes to everyone in costume. Comic Con India has created 5 categories & each day one winner will be chosen from each of the five categories:
1. Comic book/Graphic novel
2. Animated Series/ Movie
4. Sci-Fi/ Fantasy
* Kids and Adults can come dressed as their favorite comic character. All three days, One lucky winner out of the chosen 5 will get the awesome chance to win a
Trip to Oz Comic Con, Sydney in 2015!
* One Of The 3 Grand Prize Winners From MFCC CosplayContest could get a chance to go to the World Cosplay Championships. They will be shortlisted between the winners from Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
* Fans can meet the professional Japanese Cosplayers at MFCC!
(NEW*) # STAR WARS EXPERIENTIAL ZONE
With just around a year left for Star Wars: Episode VII (Releasing in December 2015) the fans are already gearing up for the release.Fans in Mumbai can feast their eyes and get an experience like never before at this year’s Mumbai Film and Comic Con. After releasing the Teaser of Star Wars - Episode 7 - The Force Awakens, Star Wars team is creating Star Wars Zone at Mumbai Film and Comic Con. It will be the first of its kind experience zone created to enthrall the Mumbai fan boys.
* The zone is designed to resemble the bridge of a star destroyer with snazzy and futuristic display, equipped with Star Wars weapons, character figurines and inspired art.
- Padawans can feel the Force with the iconic lightsabers and even get clicked with them!
- Star Wars enthusiasts can also win a limited edition collectible by posting their pictures on Facebook.
- All fans will get limited edition posters of Star Wars, which will be available only at Mumbai Film and Comic Con. Be there to feel the Force!
(NEW*) # GET CLICKED WITH MARVEL SUPERHERO FIGURINES - THE HULK, IRONMAN, THOR & CAPTAIN AMERICA
- Super Power will be in the air at Mumbai Film and Comic Con with Marvel’s Super Heroes making an appearance at the three day event.
- Fans will get a chance to meet and strike a pose with their favourite Super Heroes as The Hulk, Ironman, Thor and Captain America figurines will be placed at the venue.
- All fans will get limited edition posters of Marvel, which will be available only at Mumbai Film and Comic Con.
(NEW*) # Exclusive Book Launches
* Over 15 New Titles to be launched!
Parshu - Warriors by Orange Radius
Rim Jim by Peachtree Comics
Cartoon Network Remix Volumes 1 & 2 by Pepper Script
Train Of Thoughts - The Bridge by Crimzon Studios
Kaurava Empire II by Campfire Graphic Novels
SAB ke Comics by Pepper Script
Kung Fu Singh by Hop Motion Animation
and many more!
(NEW*) # Announcement of CCI 2015 Calendar on
(NEW*) # Exclusive Sessions, Panels & Previews from the Indian
* Special Preview of a New Superhero Shunya by Goldie Behl (Director/Producer)
* An Exclusive Session on Baahubali - featuring Actor Rana Daggubati & release of a teaser
- A special performance by TVF at MFCC
# Special Sessions with Leading Artists & Writers from India
* MFCC has some really awesome sessions & launches planned with the leading artists and writers in India.
* Sessions taking place every hour at the convention. All completely free to attend.
# Merchandise from all over the World
*Tons & Tons Of Merch!
*Pick Up Some Awesome Anime & Manga Merch from Japanese Merchandiser IINE, T-shirts, Mugs, Toys, Posters, Cushions, etc, the list is never ending!!
*International publishers and merchandisers such as Marvel Comics and KidRobot Toys available exclusively at the Comic Con India Store!
*At the convention, there will be some of best and most awesome International and Indian Merchandise!
*Check out the exclusive merchandise at Wacom, Chimp, Item Number, Sony DADC, Graphic Curry, F-Gali, Planet Superheroes, Lazy Ninja, Fukwas, Urban Viking, Something Sketchy, Bewakoof.com and lots more!
# Main Publishers at HCC
Amar Chitra Katha, Orange Radius, Pop Culture Publishing, Holy Cow Entertainment, Crimzon Studios, Simon and Schuster India, HarperCollins Publishers, Aayumi Productions, Shamik Dasgupta, Jazyl Homavazir, Pepper Script, Raj Comics and more!