Cinematographer Laxman(English-Vinglish) Utekar turns director with 'Tapaal'

ENGLISH VINGLISH cinematographer Laxman Utekar turns director
=============================================================

After being the cinematographer for Bollywood biggies like BLUE, ENGLISH
VINGLISH, BOSS, LEKAR HUM DEEWANA DIL and upcoming film TEVAR - Laxman
Utekar has added another feather to his cap as he turns director for
Marathi film, TAPAAL.

Talking about his journey of becoming a director, he says, "I used to get a
lot of offers to shoot Marathi films, but I didn’t want to shoot them. I
always felt that if I shoot a Marathi film, it will also be directed by me.
I didn’t want to shoot for somebody else. Because I was already shooting
for people in Hindi films."

He further adds, "After completing Mangesh Hadawale’s DEKH INDIAN CIRCUS, I
narrated a thought to him about the culture and people of my own village. I
asked him whether he could weave a story for me and he did that
beautifully. The film is the result of our experiences."

Ask him whether he always wanted to become a director and he says, "I
always wanted to make a film but I wasn’t in a hurry. When I was shooting
for others, I couldn’t narrate my own experiences. So to express the same I
took up direction."

Produced by Maitreya Mass Media and distributed by Pickle Entertainment,
starring the likes of Milind Gunaji, Nandu Madhav, Veena Jamkar, Urmila
Kanetkar and introducing Rohit Utekar, TAPAAL is all set to release on 26th
September 2014.

Request you to kindly share the link once published.

About TAPAAL
TAPAAL is National & International Award winning Marathi film set in a
small village in the year 1977. It dwells with sympathy, concern and
understanding on the bond between a little boy and a childless couple, and
the social discrimination that they face.

Even before its release, Laxman Utekar's directorial debut is creating the
right buzz. It has been critically acclaimed and has even won various
accolades & awards at different film festivals for its sterling
performances. TAPAAL had its World Premiere at 18th Busan International
Film Festival 2013, South Korea. It was selected in Indian Panorama Section
at 44th IFFI (International Film festival 2013) and 9 other International
Film Festivals as well. It was also screened at 3rd Eye Asian Film Festival
and Pune Film Festival. That’s not all. Veena Jamkar bagged the best
actress award at South Africa Film Festival. While Rohit Utekar won Best
Child Actor Award, Prakash Holkar got the best lyricist award for his
emotional composition 'don disanchi sawali ' at the Maharashtra state film
Awards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La La Land Festival, Goa : A unique multi-disciplinary festival that cares about the Arts and the Environment

JioMAMI2023 Closing ceremony and Announcement of Winners of various awards

Aankh Micholi #PicksAndPiques #JohnsonThomas